People can experience grief when they lose someone important to them. Please seek support through the NHS Website and SWL. Please contact Wandsworth Bereavement Services.
Wandsworth Bereavement Service
192 Lavender Hill, London SW11 5TQ
Tel: 020 7223 3178
If Death Occurs At Home
- Telephone the doctor who will visit to confirm that death has taken place.
- If it is out of hours contact 111.
- Contact a funeral director.
- Arrange to collect the doctor's Medical Certificate of Death (usually from the surgery).
- Take this to the Registrars Office, (together with the deceased's Medical Card and Birth Certificate, if available)
- The Registrar will normally issue a Green coloured certificate for you to give to your funeral director, who will then look after necessary arrangements for the funeral.